New Mexico Interfaith Power & Light works for climate justice by mobilizing faith communities, faith leaders and people of faith to reduce the causes and consequences of global climate change through inspiration, education, outreach, implementation of sustainable practices and advocating effective climate protection policies. Our core belief is that the active care of the natural world is integral to spiritual life and social justice.
- To awaken people of faith in NM to our call to be good stewards of the earth and to pursue justice for our brothers and sisters around the world.
- To galvanize people to think, plan and act for the future of ourselves and the earth.
- Faith communities educating and resulting in:
- Personal lifestyle changes
- Energy used more efficiently and support for renewable energy sources
- Engagement in Public Policy Advocacy (as is appropriate)